Monday 16 June 2008

A day out at Dunedoo


I had lots of fun at the fundraiser yesterday that was held in Dunedoo. All the ladies were very welcoming and my display was set up in plenty of time with the help of my assistant, Trista.

As there was a fashion parade included in the day's events, I approached the woman organising it and she allowed me to select some jewellery for the models to wear down the catwalk :). The shoes at another stall were absolutely divine - but with only a sample shoe for each style the models didn't get to wear them!

A couple of my pieces found new homes in Dunedoo and one heartwarming purchase was by a mother for her daughter's upcoming deb ball. The daughter's eyes just sparkled as she was trying various necklaces on. It's such a delicious moment seeing the spark of recognition at finding the perfect piece.

I am sure that before I know it, my daughters will be at that stage too - and I really must slow down occasionally and enjoy them while they are young :) I've spoken before on how they're little art-addicts - always drawing and now I've found the perfect holder for their works. Its an art file found at Officeworks that comes in two sizes and was mentioned on the A Good Sort blog. Thanks for the heads up ladies (they're always so organised)!

I have now had my last scheduled show until spring so (hopefully) have lots of creating time before the new show 'season' arrives. I will also be using this time to concentrate on my online presence too as after all winter here is summer in the other half of the world!!

Today's piece is just divine - smooth, velvety chocolate colours in the sardonyx stones which I have kept simple with the addition of a little silver and some white freshwater pearls. This keeps the piece fresh and adds a little interest without detracting from the gorgeous patterns in the stones. Its finished with a little sterling silver toggle clasp that reflects the shape of the stones, just for that extra touch of something special.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

AnnetteK said...

Wow, this necklace is gorgeous. You are a very talented artist.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by, your work is so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Wow Annette, This fashion show sounds like a wonderful showcase for your talent. So pleased to hear that it went well!
-AnnaLee in Toronto
http://gahooletreesupplies.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous necklace, Annette. I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...