Wednesday 18 June 2008

Colour


I was looking at some fellow artisan's work today (Cherished Dreams - who makes some exquisite children's quilts and wall hangings) and found myself drawn to one in particular that was bright, cheery and fun. The image on the hanging is quite serene, but the colours really grabbed me. I am sure she won't have the piece for very long at all!

I do one of two things when it comes to colours - either tonal (classic) or I go all out and mix it all up (the result can be heady or eclectic). Interestingly, when I DO mix it all up, I haven't successfully used a colour wheel - for some reason it always looks wrong! I find that I am drawn to mix certain colours up and 99% of the time my 'instinct' works and people love them. Sometimes these combinations are happy accidents, and sometimes they take a lot of work (experimenting) to get not just the colour combinations but the percentages of those colours in the finished piece right.

I do a number of pearl and gem torsades that are popular and have featured them often here on my blog, they can take an incredibly long time to get the colour proportions 'just right' - but they look effortless (until you try one!)

I've included a new cuff bracelet today - all freshwater pearls but in such striking colours - bound to go with anything you throw at it, don't you think!?

6 comments:

Inspired Designs by Teresa said...

Hi Annette, I love your new cuffs and the colors. Did you make the spacer bars yourself?

Teresa M.
http://inspireddesign.etsy.com
http://inspireddesignsbyteresa.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms. Annette,

I too love your new cuff. You are a very talented artist.

Lily

ChezChani said...

Wonderful bracelet. I was drawn to this post because of the title. I made an argyle bracelet in 2 browns and beige and I was so pleased. I've sold the bracelet and would like to make another in different colours but as of yet cannot come up with a combination. I guess it's like writer's block. Beader's block.

Unknown said...

Love your blog. Very pretty colors.

Autumn said...

Wow... your jewelry is just lovely!

Unknown said...

I love this color combo! Your jewelry is just beautiful. I'm a pearl junkie too, so I love this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...