Tuesday 11 March 2008

Jazz, a picnic and a Poshie



Well, what a lovely few days I have had!

Firstly I was up at Jazz in the Tops, our local jazz festival with the most amazing performers - the Bogalusa Strutters wandered around the natural arena in and out of groups of friends and playing some great jazzy music; Adam Rennie (almost a local boy) amazed the crowd with his beautiful voice and had many people asking for more (I met his mum and aunt and they were so proud of him!); George Washingmachine is a crowd favourite and he had Julie O'Hara singing, a small girl with a big voice. The Royal Australian Air Force Jazz Ensemble were brilliant and we're getting spoilt as they really are always wonderful. Also playing were Gypsy Jazz Hour, Howler's Cotton Club and the Aaron Flower Band, but I was a bit busy to hear them!! To break up the music a little they also had wildlife displays and guided bushwalks.

It was great to catch up with some past clients and I must say there was a rather strong presence at my booth, of gentlemen buying for their ladies!!! Well done boys! Lots of new stock was sold so the first outing for some pieces were their last under my guidance! One drawback - the yellow canvas I was placed under was too much for my lights to combat ... it made some of the jewellery look rather 'interesting' to say the least. By the way, the tent looks rather low in the photo above, but my tables are just very high (waist height), so you could actually get in without too much ducking!

The following day the family attended a farewell picnic for some neighbours and settling in under the gum trees in a paddock was very relaxing! Do your picnics look like this?




I also just received a message to tell me that I have won a "Poshie" for March. This is awarded by the ladies at the great social networking site for mums, called Posh Mama. I am feeling rather chuffed at the moment! :D




On a lighthearted note, I saw a link to the Blog Readability Test on the Working Solo blog (I really must read more of this blog - there is some great technical information there - which I could certainly do with learning more about). I did the test and this is what it told me about my blog:

blog readability test



Why don't you try yours out and see what it says! Let me know how you go :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention Annette. The Readability test really is a good bit of fun.

The Jazz in the Tops sounds like it was great. I also love George Washingmachine and have seem them several times at the Tredbo Jazz festival. That's also a great weekend of fun.

Anonymous said...

I can't even remember the last time I had a picnic - sounds like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award and it sounds like you've had a lovely time at The Jazz in the Tops.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...