Saturday, 17 January 2009

A little about Swarovski crystals


Another week has come around and I find myself, once again, asking what I did with the last week!? I know I have been reading alot. Even hubby has started to comment. I've really only read about 11 rather thick books since Christmas... I have trouble finding time to read the rest of the year so I've got to cram in as much now as I can before I go back to work properly :D

I'm still working on gemstones and getting their information typed up - I imagine it is not a job that is going to happen as quickly as I first imagined. So I'll just keep plugging away at it.

I was asked to be part of a Valentine's Day promotion this week. I don't work that often with Swarovski crystals since gemmies are my 'thing' and I generally prefer to work with natural stones, rather than manmade. But in celebration of the event I have made a small selection of Valentine inspired pieces with Swarovski and silver. You can see them all on my website under Valentine Selection. As you can see from the picture above, they are very pretty and very sparkly!

Swarovski is named after Daniel Swarovski, who invented the first crystal cutting machine in 1892 and founded his crystal business in Wattens, Austria in 1895. The popularity and quality of crystal continued to increase and Daniel's business also branched out into Swareflex (road safety products) and Swarovski Optics (precision optical instruments).

In league with Christian Dior, Swarovski created the famous aurora borealis finish for crystals in 1956. In 1976 Swarovski started making crystal decorative objects and shortly after chandelier components. They have continued, in the years since, to be a world leader of created crystals. Perfect for anyone who likes a bit of 'bling' to enjoy!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...