Thursday 9 July 2009

A creative burst



Creativity has been flowing since my big pre-spring clean up last week! I'm still feeling refreshed and have energised and consequently I'm starting to see the new pieces for spring come together in soft, muted and pastel colours. A couple of quite bold ones appearing too! I'm glad I'm getting a bit done now as the next two weeks are school holidays. Trying to concentrate with three children rumbling around - playing, fighting, practicing the piano, practicing dance and of course, just being children (AKA sweet but annoying) will be difficult!

There was a great response to my new blog finds list last week - its great to check out new places and people, isn't it!

With my creative rush I haven't had a lot of time for browsing around, however I did venture onto Kelly's blog at Macaroni & Glue. She's a valued member of Creative Bloggers but I haven't looked at her paper goods in a while. Last time I did there was an emphasis on retro style but I'm impressed to see she now has a fresh, modern style going as well under another shopfront on Etsy. Great work Kelly!

I always try to return the favour of a comment if I can and while I was doing so at EP Designs, I notice Elena has a "pink Saturday" feature. What a great idea, particularly if you feel drawn to a colour. Of course, mine would have to be green ;).

Today's pic is a really chic necklace - quite modern yet I think it will fit into any fashion era comfortably. Made with matte black onyx given a lift - subtle yet full of impact - with the addition of sparkling faceted gems - grass green peridot, golden citrine, rich red garnet and deep purple amethyst. Do you like it too?



Back to the workbench before the holidays begin! Till next :)

17 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Oooo, you have the PRETTIEST taste in jewelry!!!

Jennifer said...

I think this is lovely. I've never seen matte onyx before!

Theta Mom said...

I know what you mean about trying to concentrate while watching the kids...no matter how you slice it, it's a challening task!

Veronica Lee said...

This is beautiful like every other piece of your creations.

Julie from JulieChats said...

As always, your jewelry is beautiful! Enjoy the kids, I can totally relate to the cute but annoying....

Out & about checking out the blogs for the CC3 Club today!

Quiskaeya said...

I hope to be like you with my crocheting some day. Fresh new ideas bursting into something creative and unique. You have a gift!

Stacie said...

This is very very pretty!

Elena said...

Hi Annette! Thank you for the visit. I've met so many lovely ladies through 'pink saturday' so if you every think you might start a 'green' one let me know and I'll join in too :)

I've just had a quick look at Creative Bloggers - I like the sound of it. I've been looking for a 'collection' of lovely creative bloggers for ages. Thank you for the link.

ciao for now,
Elena :)

I am Harriet said...

Hi Annette.
I like that necklace. It's funny that you are preparing for spring. We finally, kinda...,go our summer here.

Pretty Things said...

Quite lovely!!!!!

Valerie said...

I love the necklace! I just love the onyx. You are very talented.

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

gorgeous as always!

Kim said...

You have great jewelry and photos. Thanks for the award. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been having issues with my comment box. Once I get it fixed I will post about the award. Thanks again!

Opus #6 said...

Checking back in to see how you are doing, Annette Piper. Thanks for all your help, btw.

Jackie said...

That piece is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Annette, this is such a beautiful dramatic piece, it's just my style! You do have wonderful taste in jewelry!
Carmen

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! That would definitely fit many things that I wear. You do such fantastic work.

I've been pretty creative lately too. I've been keeping my groups full of new printables that I've made. Sorry I haven't been on Creative Blogger much, except to check it out. I always forget and there's just never enough time in the day to hit all the sites that I want to!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...