Friday 7 November 2008

Melbourne Cup and green amethyst earrings


It always seems as if I'm busy these days. Even though my calendar is fully booked for the next few weeks, I'm already looking forward to summer when I can sit back and just be a mum (well, most of the time, anyway!).

I did have a lovely day off this past week on Tuesday when I attended a girl's luncheon for the Melbourne Cup. If you're not in Australia this is our 'national' horserace and it is tradition to have a bet or a sweep, perhaps get dressed up in the best race inspired fashions (including the hat) and watch the cup (yes, most business in Australia stops for a few minutes on the first Tuesday in November each year)! The state of Victoria even has a public holiday to celebrate it ;). So this year it was lovely to be in the company of some great women who live around here and have a good old chat and a few laughs!

As this is only a quick post (my time management skills are severely lacking this week!) I will get straight to the pic of today.

I was very fortunate recently to get a shipment of AAA-grade gems. They are absolutely delicious and I have made a few of the absolutely stunning long faceted drops into some very classically styled earrings. The pair pictured above are green amethyst that I have matched with smooth and lustrous freshwater pearls. They sparkle and just exude quality and I'll be loading them onto my site soon.

OK, back to my 'to do' list...hope you're having a great day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple and elegant. They are very stylish earrings and I love the colour.

Petit (Australia) said...

What a gorgeous set of earrings. Absolutely beautiful!

ChezChani said...

Oh those are stunners!

Chris said...

These are really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colour, they're lovely!

MAMA CEO said...

Those are beautiful! What a lovely color!

Anonymous said...

Annette we have a similar race day in Louisville KY--The Derby! Yes, hats are a must, and events like steamboat races, a parade fireworks, and more lead up to it! Schools are cancelled for Oaks' races the day before. Enjoy your summer as we head into winter up here! Teri http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...