Wednesday 6 August 2008

Cold days, learning something new and tagged again!



We've had a pretty cold snap up here on the Great Dividing Range over the last week - the fire has been roaring away trying to keep the chill at bay, and those earmuffs that everybody laughed at when I bought them last year are perfect - even hubby is looking slightly envious! Well, he DOES have to work outside most of the time, but he wears a nice wool beanie so it's not as if I'm letting him freeze!

With the cold weather, the huddling near the fire and more grey days than normal, I got a bit of a shock when I realised that my first spring show will be on 13-14 September! Thats just over a month away!! I've really got to dedicate some time to creating. Now that's going to be hard as looking at my calendar every weekend is busy until NOVEMBER! Ahem. Yes. Going to have to be very productive during the week I think. :)

I'm pleased to see that Blog Whammy has re-opened after a change of management. We have more bloggers on board and it will be great to revisit some of my old favourites soon.

Don't you love to learn something new? It's great for keeping your mind fresh. I have a friend who firmly believes this and is currently working on expanding her vocabularly by adding a new word at least every week and seeing how many times she can use her new word in a day. Last time we spoke the word was "adjectival". I think she had started using it as a swear word LOL.

I'm getting to learn lots of new things regularly as I am currently writing a Q&A column on Skwiggazine. Obviously I don't know everything and have to research the answers, so I learn a lot in the process. Missy has done a great job with the recent makeover from Everything Swkiggle to Skwiggazine and it is attracting lots of great artisans.

I've also found another networking site (yes, I know, time, time, time) but early indications show there are a great group of women to be found on Business Women Unite.

Do you like today's picture? Isn't the garnet glorious! The picture is very accurate and the stones really are that luscious red. Although each stone is quite diminutive, there's quite a lot in total when you consider the contents of a three strand bracelet! The garnets have a brilliant shine and the bracelet feels quite delicious on. Here is a pic of the whole bracelet - I've used a sterling tube clasp for a clean, crisp, finish.



I can't believe - I've been tagged AGAIN. Not once, but twice in one day! Geesh, at this rate, I'm not going to have any secrets ;) My taggers were: Lois at A Beaded Affair and Tina at Links and Loops.

This time I am supposed to list six of random things about me and then tag six other people. Well here we go on the 'random':

1. I love chocolate (who doesn't?)
2. I'm 5ft 5 1/2 inches tall - that extra half an inch makes ALL the difference.
3. I love reading Austen and Bronte novels again, and again, and again...
4. I have lost count at how many times I have watched Pride & Prejudice, in all its different versions. Colin Firth/Jennifer Ehle is my favourite one though.
5. I really dislike gardening and my rose garden often shows the effects of this dislike.
6. I spend time reading blogs when I really should be working.

Here are the rules:

1. link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

OK, guys, consider yourselves TAGGED:

1. Mom Squad
2. Stone Soup
3. Stay Classy
4. Minna's Favourites
5. The Creative Junkie
6. Fractured Toy

Have a great day!

16 comments:

A Beaded Affair said...

Thanks for the link. I love reading your blog. Always entertaining and your gems are the best. Garnet is a favorite and that bracelet is gorgeous. I don't seem to do well with multi-strand bracelets. Got any tips?
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com

Michelle said...

Gorgeous garnet bracelet! I know how you feel, I have 3 shows coming up and really need to create! Good luck:)

Annette Piper said...

Hey Lois, thanks for the kind words - always appreciated :) With multistrand bracelets just keep each strand the same length - a tube clasp like this or a bar with multiple rings on one side and one on the other to attach to the clasp works the best at keeping them flat and in line.

Claremont First Ward said...

THe bracelet IS GORGEOUS!

Creative Junkie said...

aacckk - I don't think I've got any more random facts about me!

I'll have to think of some ... thanks for the tag!

Anonymous said...

Do you take those photos yourself? As for the words, I subscribe to dictionary.com's word of the day. They send it right to my email! Although, I've already forgotten what today's word was...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag! I've fulfilled my assignment!

Minna Hatara said...

Thank you Annette!
It was fun to be tagged.
It seems that you and I have a few things in common. I love books by Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters, too, and for me, Colin Firth is the one and only Darcy!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you, your jewelry is just beautiful. Good luck on your show in September. I can tell you'll do great!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful jewlery! Zinnada<><

debi9kids said...

That bracelet is just beautiful!
Your post is making me long for cozy winter nights!!!

icklekids said...

What gorgeous jewelry! I've just found your blog and its a great read.

Thanks for the lead on Business Women Unite ... off to check it out now.

Anonymous said...

I love garnets. The colour is delicious! This is a lovely piece.

KimberlyRies said...

The garnet is beautiful. Great job!

kim
http://kimberlyries.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

wow... LOVE many jewllery pieces... I think I will email my hubby your site and he can get my Christmas present here.
warmly, Elizabeth xx

Anonymous said...

wow... LOVE many jewllery pieces... I think I will email my hubby your site and he can get my Christmas present here.
warmly, Elizabeth xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...