It was a great year for jewellery auctions and records toppled. The top 10 most expensive jewels are photographed above.... here are their details...
1. The Zoe Diamond
Sold at Sotheby's New York on 21 November 2014 for the princely sum of $32,645,000 this 9.75carat fancy vivid blue diamond was from the collection of Mrs. Paul Mellon. This record breaking diamond set a new auction record worldwide for any blue diamond and a new record for any diamond per carat ($3,348,205).
2. The Hutton-Mdivani Jadeite Necklace
3. The Winston BlueThe largest flawless fancy vivid blue diamond in the world (13.22 carats) was purchased on 15 May by Harry Winston at Christie’s Geneva sale for $23,795,372. For approximately six months it held the world auction price for any blue diamond.
4. An 8.41-carat Fancy Vivid Purple-Pink Diamond
Sold at Sotheyby's Hong Kong on 7 October 2014, this 8.41 carat fancy vivid purple-pink diamond sold for $17,778,247.
5. A Belle Époque Diamond Devant-de-Corsage Brooch, by CartierA historic brooch made 1912 by Henri Picq, this was sold by Christie's Geneva for $17,581,612 on 14 May to Symbolic & Chase, a London based jewellery dealer. It sold a few months later for over $20 million.
6. The Blue Belle of Asia
The fourth largest faceted sapphire in history is placed at number 6. The Ceylon sapphire weighs an amazing 392.52 carats and was sold by Christies of Geneva for $17,295,796 on 11 November, setting a new world auction record for any sapphire.
7. The Graff Vivid YellowYellow isn't everyone's favourite colour, but this fancy vivid yellow diamond of 100.09 carats sold at Sotheby's Geneva in May for $16,347,848, setting a new world auction record for any yellow diamond.
8. Pair of Fancy Vivid Blue & Fancy Vivid Pink Diamond Earrings, by BulgariI love this mismatched pair of vivid blue and vivid pink diamond earrings. Purchased by Laurence Graff for $15,820,731 on 11 November from Christie's Geneva.
9. A 75.97-carat Pear-Shaped D Color, Flawless Diamond75.95 carats of flawless diamond sold for $14,474,732 on 14 May at Christie's Geneva.
10. A 70.33-carat Cushion Brilliant-Cut Diamond
Another colourless stone to end the top 10 - a flawless cushion brilliant cut diamond sold for $14,201,234 on 13 May 13 at Sotheby's Geveva.
Which is your favourite?
Till next :)