Thursday 17 February 2011

Regaining a sense of calm, the BAFTA jewels and back to the bench



Good news - I'm slowly getting back into a routine here - some things have fallen off the everyday list though (like exercise oops!) but on the whole, there feels like there is more balance and every so often I even gain a sense of calm.

It is blissfully quiet today. Hubby left early in the plane, the kids left for school, the farm cats are napping, the working dog is quietly watching all, the cattle are in the distance happily eating. Apart from hearing the light breeze move in the trees and some distant bird chatter, all is quiet. Ahhhhh......

I caught up with the recent Awards ceremonies this week - the BAFTAs and the Grammys. The Grammys didn't do it for me - once again, all cuffs and dangly earrings. I guess these just aren't my 'scene'?

I did have high hopes for the BAFTAs, but perhaps the rainy weather got them all down as there weren't as many glamorous jewels as I had hoped for. They did have a couple of highlights - namely Jessica Alba who looked amazing in a flowing electric blue gown and wore a stunning collar of blue/green, perhaps made of azurite-malachite. Miranda Richardson wore a lovely pair of blue-green (possibly aquamarine/emerald) earrings and Thandie Newton a timeless emerald necklace. The rest was all a little ho-hum!







On the creating front I had a lovely day earlier this week with my muse perched on my shoulder whispering all sorts of great ideas. New jewels include exotic wood bracelets set off with a single big gemstone ; concoctions in amazonite (teal/aqua blue)or apatite (neon blue) and smoky quartz (brown); and a couple of pieces in deep amethyst (purple) and pink tourmaline. Then I did a couple of pearl earrings with some little sapphires to set them off. I finally went to bed close to midnight, still full of energy and wanting to create but knowing I really needed SOME sleep! I hope to get back to the bench today to do some more :D

The Connect2Mums network has recently launched a new AusMumprenuer magazine. They did a feature on Rural Mums and interviewed me as part of it. So I'm there (photo and all) on pp 28-29. They also selected some of my jewels in the fashion pages too. How exciting!

Right, best crack the whip and get back to the bench! Today's photo by the way is one of the new pieces - earrings with unusual diamond shapes of smoky quartz with a chequer facet under a mass of blue apatite gems.

Till next :)
Annette

7 comments:

GottaLoveMom said...

exercise seems to be on the bottom of my list, too, maybe because it's been freezing here.
oh, what pretty earrings.
(I didn't even get a chance to watch the awards show..been busy with the kids)

BushBelles said...

Excellent, I will check out the article. I havent been my usual organised self since Christmas, taking me some time get into the swing of the new year - it will come I am sure.
Bushbellesxo

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Jessica Alba's necklace is stunning--of course, she's stunning as well which probably helps. Ha, ha!

It sounds as if you've been a very busy girl. I love it when the muse strikes like that!

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Awesome article too!

Veronica Lee said...

I love Jessica Alba's blue collar.


The earrings are gorgeous, Annette! Congrats on being interviewed by the magazine! You are AWESOME!!!

Fiona said...

Really great article Annette.
Congratulations on being included.
I will definitely be talking to you next time I'm looking for a 'special' jewellery piece.

Le said...

going to have a look at your new designs now - one day I will own one of your pieces :) le xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...