Thursday 28 October 2010

A Weekend out at the Gardens



Wow, what a week! I've been go, go, go and I'm starting to get dizzy!

I was at the Riverlea Open Garden outside Mudgee last weekend (picture of my set up above). And what a stunning garden it was. Relatively new (the current owner expanded it about 4 years ago) she has done such a lovely job. This was my view for the weekend - not bad, eh?


The weather on the Saturday was idyllic - warm temperatues, light breeze, bright blue skies. Perfect for browsing around gardens and even though it clouded over in the afternoon, the spits of rain held off until well after the garden viewers had gone home and we even managed to have a sociable drink and chat on the gravel drive :) .

Sunday, however, was miserable. It was cold, wet and windy. Only the most die-hard gardeners came out on a day like that (not being one of those gardeners I know I would have stayed at home!) and we shivered through the day. I don't think anyone thought the worse of any other person there when we all packed up a little early.

I did, however, meet some of the lovely people of Mudgee and surrounds and managed to catch up with a few clients who I only see rarely. One woman who mentioned that she had been meaning to get some of my jewellery for years but really had no idea what might suit her. I love that this lady actually told me this, as it CAN be difficult to know what to go for if you're unsure of colours and style, particularly if you've been a chain/pendant necklace and stud earring wearer for many years.

We ended spending about an hour trying various colours and styles on. She was surprised to see some brighter colours suited her and colours that, although she loved them to look at, really didn't do her skin any favours. She ended up with two lovely necklaces - a special amethyst one for wearing out and about and an everyday one of black onyx and white pearls for when she didn't have to think of what might go with what. She was also so thrilled she wore the amethyst one immediately and I had so many comments from other people about the "lady who had just bought a gorgeous necklace".

I had numerous other conversations with ladies about what might suit them too and they were excited to learn more about jewellery - what to wear with different necklines, what went with their face shapes, what suited their personal style and more. I do have quite a bit of this information on my site too - if you want to know more, click here to go to my Style Tips page :)

All in all (if we ignore the inclement weather on Sunday) it was such a lovely weekend. I have since run into some of the ladies I met on the weekend and they've all expressed how happy they are with their new jewels, which I love to hear!

I am off to Armidale this Saturday where I will be at The Armidale School Razzamataz fete in the TAS Emporium (situated in the Hall). I will have to leave at around 4.30am to get there in time to set up since it is just over 3 hours drive away. The fete is open from 10am to 3pm, so if you're in that area, please come and say hello.

OK, better get back to putting that nose on the grindstone - always so much to do at this time of year!

Till next :)
Annette

8 comments:

Jacqui said...

You have been a very busy lady haven't you! Your stand looked beautiful. Shame about the silly weather but it still sounds like you had a great weekend. Good luck on the 4.30am start - eeek!

BushBelles said...

Looks divine

Cate said...

Love the style tips link! Thanks!

Millie said...

I hope your very busy weekend is a great success Annette. We are back to disgusting Wintery weather here again in the Hills. I am soooo over it!
Millie ^_^

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Annette!! Looks like you're always busy and have so much going on in your life! Envy, envy, envy!!

BTW - your stand looked awesome!!

Unknown said...

Those earrings are beautiful! sounds like you;ve been super busy. I know the feeling. Now the holidays are approaching-ouch!

Your Cheeky Monkey said...

Just checked out your style tips page Annette - what a great idea!

ChezChani said...

What a view! I miss grass, we mostly have desert landscaping here. Rocks and cactus. Yuck.

Hopefully, despite the nasty weather, you sold enough to make it all worthwhile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...