Wednesday 25 August 2010

The pre-spring merry-go-round


Life is a merry-go-round at the moment. And that merry-go-round is spinning faster and faster and won't let me off! Even blogging suffered when I couldn't find time to sit down and write here for an hour or so last week.

I've been totally caught up in creating for the past couple of weeks - designs have been flying out of my head and I have to get them down on paper before they flutter away! I've been making as many up as I can but even I have my limitations - too many late nights and overloaded days and I turn into a grumpy mother and wife, regardless of how well the design side is going along!

I still have a few things I want to try but the majority of designs for spring and summer are basically finished. There are summer brights in pink, green, yellow and purple; bold statments in red, orange, black and teal, stunning red-carpet worthy creations in sparkly aqua, straw yellow, lavender, white and icy clear; some solid pieces in earthy tones and some lustrous pearl and paua designs too. Sheesh. No wonder I've been busy!

It can be pretty full on in this pre-season rush to be ready but I guess I make up for it at other times of the year when I wind right back - its just hard to remember those times at the moment! I also want to re-organise my existing pieces into collections in line with the new stock and to change my display quite dramatically according to these collections. Considering my first spring show is less than two weeks away, it might not happen that way unless it's at the last minute (or even while I'm there!)

I'm glad to see, however, that others go through similiar things - we all get busy, don't we and hurry through before some sort of deadline? I love to read Amanda's blog Busy Mum 2010 (aptly titled!) and my life seems positively tame compared to hers!

I've done a bit of a sneak peak on my spring/summer range in the photo above - there are so many new pieces its hard to choose just one to feature this week!

Right, I need to get my nose back to the grindstone!

Till next :)
Annette

6 comments:

Mandee said...

Oh how fun! Sorry to hear you haven't had much time to sit down though! I do hope that you get a little more time for you. :)

Lovely pieces though! They look so fun! :)

Name: Holly Bowne said...

I hear you, Annette! I think you have to latch onto those spurts of inspiration when they hit because you're right--those lull times will come. I'm in one right now! Fully appreciating our dwindling days of summer vacation here in the U.S. But like you, I'll be back in full creative mode soon enough.

Veronica Lee said...

The colours are so vibrant. I love them all especially the purple ones.
Being busy is GOOD!

Have a wonderful weekend, Annette.

Elaine @ Commotion said...

Your pieces are so pretty, Annette!! I've missed having the time to keep up with all you do, but I do check in from time to time. Sorry I don't comment much, but I really am here and look forward to see what you're working on next!!

ChezChani said...

It's tough when you have more ideas than time. I think we all go through it. Beats having the time and no ideas though I suppose.

I have no doubt you will get through it with great success!

Christine Holroyd said...

Hi Annette. As you know, I've been in a lull with my blog, but I've been productive and moving in other directions.

Love your brightly coloured jewellery!

Christine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...