Thursday 27 August 2009

Blog changes and chocolate brownie


Exciting changes ahead my friends – I am setting up a new blog on my site with a refreshing new look and… shock, horror… changing over to wordpress. Eeeek. But I know blogger so well….*warning Will Robinson*… steep learning ahead!

Gosh that takes me back – Lost in Space. Isn’t it amazing how famous lines from old TV shows and movies make it into the common vernacular! Is there a line or two that you say frequently in your house that has a similar origin?

I am also guilty of breaking into song for what my husband considers no apparent reason. Yes my house is a bit like a musical at times. The children sit there, either laughing at or ignoring me as I burst into a refrain set off by something they have said. Sad, I know….

Well, LOTS of comments regarding my cooking burst last week. Particularly, it seems, anything to do with chocolate. Chocoholics of the world unite!!! I have some dietary intolerances, however chocolate is one thing I can still have – thankfully! As my chocolate brownie is in demand all around the neighbourhood – any one who tastes it always asks for the recipe - I shall share it with you all so you can enjoy the chocolate overload with me :) . I will give fair warning though – it is NOT low fat OR low calorie, but is sure tastes great and even better it only takes 10 min to make (plus cooking time).

Annette’s Chocolate Brownie Recipe

12oz butter, chopped
12oz block dark cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
6 eggs
12oz sugar
splash of vanilla essence
8oz plain flour
4oz chocolate chips

1.Preheat oven to moderate / 160 degrees. Line baking dish or large square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
2.Melt butter and cooking chocolate by your preferred method, stir till smooth. In a bowl, beat eggs with hand whisk and slowly whisk in sugar. Add vanilla and mix. 3.Pour butter/chocolate mix into egg mixture and mix well with wooden spoon. Fold in flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
4.Pour into prepared tin immediately and bake till top is no longer wobbly (around 40 minutes but this will vary with your oven).
Do not overbake!


PS If you are gluten intolerant I have used plain gluten free flour in this recipe quite successfully!

Whilst on the topic of baking, if you’re after some great baking tips and cake decorating ideas, check out A Piece of Cake Decorating ;) And then – totally different tangent of course (my brain works like that – here one minute there the next), check out Bags by Melanie , particularly this one – I think I may have a bit of a slight addiction to handbags recently - I seem to keep getting drawn to them LOL. She has a very readable blog too!

I have been very busy at my bench – I finished off those fun multi coloured pieces I was working on for our upcoming summer here downunder. Easy to wear and the focal of a white summer sundress, the necklace pictured above is one of my favourites – very bright and fun – using bright red bamboo coral, yellow calcite, lime green chalk turquoise and black onyx, with just a sprinkling of sterling silver for extra gleam.

Now I’ve turned all girly and feminine and have been making delicate, AAA-grade gem earrings. Sparkly rock crystal quartz, African amethyst, smoky quartz, lemon quartz…set off with a mixture of peridot, pink topaz, prehnite, aquamarine…. you get the picture I’m sure ;) YUM!

21 comments:

Courtney said...

those brownies sound amazing! too bad im on a strick diet =(

Opus #6 said...

That sounds so yummy. Let me know how you like wordpress.

Theta Mom said...

Ok, I'm totally going to need to bake those brownies! I could go for one now! LOL

BTW, so excited to see your new design on WordPress! :)

Stacie said...

I love the color of those beads. They blend together so nice. As for the brownies they sound like they are to die for!! I am going to have to give them a whirl! I love wordpress. Takes some getting use too!

Mandee said...

Such pretty beads in the pic at the top of the page! The brownies sound so yummy!!!

Jennifer said...

Lord help me, Annette. Of all the days for me to start up on Weight Watchers again, I choose the one where you post this ridiculously chocolatey delicious yumminess! Ugh!

Veronica Lee said...

Those brownies look good!! The beads look kinda yummy too!!

Replica Watches said...

I also like its colors. Specially red color is looking awesome.

Cat J B said...

I have a great brownie recipe but yours sounds much more decadent, will have to give it a go. Haha, as far as singing round the house, I put on some Boney M for the kids this morning and have since been going round the house singing Ma Baker. Except my 4 year old wants to what each phrase means....what does, "they didn't want to hang" mean mummy, eek, some real world explaining to do...!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful beads - just looking at them makes me happy. And that brownie recipe! Our little 12 year old neighbor has been hinting at wanting some brownies for the last couple of days. I was going to break down and buy a package of Trader Joes mix... but now I can make the real thing! :)

~April

Pretty Things said...

Gorgeous bead color choices!

I couldn't read the recipe, I would have gained ten pounds just from the words alone!

Curious, why are you moving to Wordpress? Some have been trying to get me to move to TypePad.

Anonymous said...

oooh feels delicious!!

i loved the photograph too..

cheers
shraddha

ChezChani said...

I'm also curious why you are switching to Wordpress. I don't think I'd ever consider a move simply because I don't even find the time to learn the things on my list right now, don't want to add to that list unless it's truly essential.

Yum brownies. I used to make brownies for every potlucky thing I'd go to. One of the recipes I collect. But it's been a long time since I've made any. I will wipe up the drool now.

Elena said...

You'll be fine with the blog change. We're creatures of habit so it's easy to stick with what we know but once you get started with Wordpress you'll find you way easily I'm sure.

I'm purposely not going to take any notice of chocolate brownies, even though I can almost smell them being baked .... gotta do something about losing weight.
The beads in the top pic are colourful - very nice - makes me think of licorice .... see I can't get sweets out of my head, lol.

Elena said...

PS. Lost In Space was one of my favourite shows many years ago :)

Unknown said...

I have been craving brownies big time!

Annette Piper said...

I took this necklace when I went to see a client and its gone already. They DID look somewhat licorice like!!

I'm still battling with wordpress. I think it will be a lot easier and be able to do a lot more than blogger... ONCE I get used to it!!

Kelly @ Wisdom Begun said...

Okay, girl, Word Press is so much better than blogger! I have used blogger for five years and when I made the recent switch to WP, I was amazed. There IS a learning curve, but you can do so much more with word press!

The brownies sound amazing!!

Elena said...

Annette I don't think the brownies would make it into the freezer for long - if it's not me sneaking in for some it would be my son .... visitors would never get a whiff of them, lol

Anonymous said...

If you need help with WordPress, just let me know. That's what I use and love it. You couldn't convince me to switch to Blogger. I find it very user friendly and navigate.

Can't wait to see you at WordPress!!

Anonymous said...

Am head over heels on that beads....such a beauty it is! Thanks for sharing the picture. You definitely have an eye for beauty and colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...