Friday 12 June 2009

The trauma of being offline


Arrrggghhh. I've been offline for over a week with my satellite dish going 'fizzzzzzz....kaput'. Now, I know I've had trouble going on holidays (read that as "away from my computer" but I've had time to get used to the idea beforehand, and of course, lots of activities to keep me busy while away. But this was awful.

I could use the computer but couldn't CONNECT with anyone. It really made me realise how many acquaintances I've met online and while I may only briefly touch on these lives, how important they can be! So I'm feeling very out of touch and in a flurry to catch up.

Of course, it was great on the creative front once I stopped staring at the no connection icon ;) I made some great new pieces and the orders didn't stop just because I was offline, so some are already gone! I was doing a tally the other day and realised that almost every piece I've featured here on my blog has gone, usually pretty quickly!

Today's piece is from my 'week off'. A prime example of how simple can be totally stunning. Big overlapping discs of poppy jasper - chocolate with raspberry overtones. Yum!



In my short time of catching up I notice more and more people are turning to twitter. I know a bit about it but can't devote the time that I know it would take, as with my personality (the all or nothing type) it would become totally addicted! I did see a great how-to article on getting started with twitter at Tilda Virtual Services, for anyone who's ready to jump on though!

Catching up with my artisan friends I see that Teri of S&T Creations, who I feel like I have known online for years is tackling a big re-organisation of her studio. I can sympathise, although in chatting to a friend the other day I realise my left and right hemispheres really battle with one another - if I'm feeling creative then chaos HAS to reign in my studio. However if I need to do some bookwork for the farm, then everything has to be neat and tidy so that I can think logically and not get sidetracked. Consequently my studio is alternately neat or chaotic depending on what I'm doing LOL.

And I really want to mention the most wonderful fibre artisan - Sara of Woolies. This woman makes THE most adorable handmade and knitted toys. I'm totally in love with Raspberry, the knitted teddy. Don't you just want to take him home!

Till next :)

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well welcome back! A week off line would feel like an eternity:)
Glad you at least kept those creative juices flowing, another gorgeous piece!

Lisa Crone said...

Glad you're back!! That necklace is yummy, you are so right.

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you're back! I know exactly how it feels to be out of touch with the bloggy world! ;-)

I have to say, this necklace is my most favorite piece of yours to date.

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

Glad you're back! Just followed you again...So weird, I thought I already did (hhhmmm)

Glad you stopped by and I just love that mega gem!

I'm so lucky to have friends online...it truly is a blessing!

Thanks for the visit..

See you around!

Veronica Lee said...

Welcome back!! The necklace is gorgeous.

Michelle said...

Glad you're back, I know what a pain that is! Lucky you, all of your blog featured pieces gone! I can't imagine. Good for you:)

Anonymous said...

OMG I'd be twitching without a computer for a week. I go more than 15 minutes without texting from my cell and I start to itch.

ChezChani said...

Oh no! A week without internet access...I couldn't do it. I'd be at someone's house everyday using their computer, or at the library, or pulling my hair out.

Lilly said...

The necklace is wonderful Annette. And glad you are back online - the internet is part of our life now and its hard to be without it for any length of time.

Tess said...

Welcome back!

Opus #6 said...

Are you back now? Sorry you went away. It is terrible out there IRL, lol.

Angelshair said...

Hi Anette,

Sorry that I am not in touch( Very busy time for me..)
I love your work and your lovely blog!!You have been awarded!!! http://theangelshair.blogspot.com

Morgan said...

I like the necklace! It does look like chocolate circles!

I very seldom wear jewelry, but seeing such beautiful necklaces and earrings makes me want to try it sometime!

Anonymous said...

Well my right and left brain never meet! My studio is slowly taking shape in my head---I have to have a plan in my head before I even start to "dig in" Teri
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Gorgeous necklace! It's so versatile and chic :)

Keri said...

Yum is right! That really is a stunning piece. Just gorgeous.

Oh and paragraph two... I totally get it. I was away for a few weeks and I find it amazing how many people I have missed in blogland. Glad to be catching up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...