Tuesday 4 August 2009

Working up to spring and summer brights


I'm feeling all summery. I think the weekend of glorious weather - bright, sunny and mild - after some very cold, grey days. Plus the fact that I managed to spend a good proportion of that spring-like weather outside in the rose garden (weeding - yuk! and pruning - ouch!) may have had an effect. Now that I've recovered from the sore back from bending over and the stiff hands from gripping weeds, of course! A good dose of Vitamin D perhaps?

I'm currently finding myself being drawn to all things bright and cheery - like this gorgeous clutch by TiLT Creations and these pretty earrings by Kandi-o Designs and even this swimsuit that Brittany featured on her blog.

To match my mood, I've pictured some earrings made with natural apple green turquoise with fat white freshwater pearls. A fresh, bright mix, perfect for spring/summer!

I'm ordering new stones for summer designs at the moment and of course I'm being drawn to lime green (variscite, green turquoise, peridot), Aegean blue (Peruvian amazonite, Peruvian blue opal, turquoise, larimar, aquamarine) and some coral pinks too .... I love how colour can affect your mood and outlook.

I'm not the only one loving brights - in the latest jewellery news, I've heard that a very rare 5 carat vivid pink diamond is due to go on sale with Christies Hong Kong office in December and they expect it to reach a "stratospheric" price! Ahh to have that sort of cash lying about. Vivid pink is pretty hard to get in natural gems and the colour of this particular beauty is stunning.

Down on the farm, the heifers are almost finished calving and weeks of checking them three times a day is thankfully going to stop! The calves are terribly cute though :).

Of course, after calving we start thinking of our annual holiday. Yes, I know we've only just had term break, but hey, we can dream! I found a great post on the Tilda Virtual Services blog about surviving the school holidays - darn it, should have read it a month ago ;)

I guess I should get busy and before I know it spring will be here :) Have a great week everyone!

14 comments:

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

These earrings are just lovely..
I have to visit Australia one day...
Time does fly ..before you know it..it's Christmas once again :)

Opus #6 said...

I love pretty, small, dangly earrings like this.

Mandee said...

Oh I love the earrings Annette! Very cute! They remind me of a flower and leaves. I also checked out that swimsuit and have to agree that it was cute too! :)

ChezChani said...

Picture of the calves please????

Anonymous said...

Earrings are my latest obsession. Of course, I always lose one by the end of the night. My sister said I have to bring the 80's back and start wearing mis-matched ones!

Theta Mom said...

Those earrings look light and easy to wear. Very feminine. Love that!

Veronica Lee said...

The earrings are fabulous, Annette!!

Jennifer said...

Oh, how lovely, Annette!! They remind me of a stroll on the beach! :-)

Kelly @ Wisdom Begun said...

Annette, every single time I come to your blog I am so glad I did! I love your jewelry! Wish I lived in your country so that I could buy some. Maybe I can convince my husband to go on a vacation? :-)

Stacie said...

Beautiful earrings. Love the springy color to them. I have an award on my website for you.

Stacie said...

Beautiful earrings. Love the springy color to them. I have an award on my website for you.

Quiskaeya said...

I wish I had your inspiration to make beautiful things all the time. I go through peaks and lulls. I love these earrings. Very simple but so pretty.

I can't wait to start gardening come September. I had to put my thoughts of gardening in the back of my head. The summer heat would have killed everything.

I really appreciate all your thoughts and sharing your experiences on my posts. I read every one and learn so much.

Annette Piper said...

Yes, I believe you should all come over to Australia, we're well worth the visit :)

ChezChani - pics coming!

Anonymous said...

i love them...

thanks for your comment luv...

xoxo
hugs,

shraddha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...