Thursday 16 April 2009

School holidays



Eeeech, school holidays - who would consider that three not so little people could get so under foot and so unruly in their first break of the year! Well, I should have remembered the school holidays - although they were in the pool most of summer, and drat it, it's a tad too cool for that now. Oh well. Only another 11 days to go.... *faint*

Needless to say I haven't got an awful lot done in the jewellery department, so this is a picture of a necklace from my creative burst last week. I had a great response to the red bamboo coral recently - and here is some sponge coral and orange freshwater pearls - aren't they bright! Sponge coral has a softer, more matte finish than the bamboo coral but would still look great to brighten up dark winter colours and quite brilliant with white in summer. I had to throw the picture of the matching earrings in too (below) - a little bit of glorious colour!



I've always thought I could so easily get addicted to other crafts... I had a look at Assential Scrapbooking's site and yep, I reckon it wouldn't take much to tip me over the edge and buy all those interesting looking bits and bobs!

I can't believe its almost time for the BAS (quarterly tax) to be done again. This quarter is always the worst, as I feel like I've only just finished the last one - since its due so late, because of the Christmas period. Rather nice of Mr. Taxman to take Christmas holidays into account! Anyway, keeping tax related, I found the best quote on the Always Wired Bead Lady blog...
Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors… and miss. ~Robert Heinlein

*giggle* :D

Till next!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love those pieces, red's my favorite color!

Anonymous said...

Hey Annette, thanks for the warm welcome on Moms Bloggers Club. I love the jewelry on your site. Beautiful!
Shelly
www.TheseAreTheSaladYears.com

Veronica Lee said...

You have outdone yourself again, Annette! Those pieces are beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Yes, your reds are my favorites! Beautiful.

ChezChani said...

I have that same issue, of easily being enticed by other crafts. Papercrafts were calling my name and I've bought a few things but I'm trying to keep it at just making cards for the people I give cards too.
I've been wanting to learn lampworking too but again, trying to resist, due to difficulty in finding a teacher here and the fear of then having to spend a small fortune on a kiln and all the supplies AAAAAHHHH

I am Harriet said...

Hi Annette.
What beautiful jewelry!

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

My kids' Spring break just finished ...I've been tagged and I'm tagging you - http://gottalovemom.blogspot.com/2009/04/ive-been-tagged.html

Handmade Artists' Forum and Shop said...

Love the coral that reminds me of snorkeling in Maui. Oh to be in Maui again.....
Grat work

Unknown said...

Very pretty - very orange - C's favorite color (my beach barbie). I've gotten bitten by various crafting bugs - scrapbooking, stamping, as well as fiber arts. I have the bins of materials to show for each craft. Do they have scrapbooking parties in Australia? I'm forbidden to go to them any more. Thanks for popping by last week while I was on spring break!!!

Pretty Things said...

I like coral, but often wonder where it comes from -- some of my customers say they won't wear it because of certain reefs being endangered. I wish there was a way to know!

Have you tried the blue sponge coral? It's awesome!

Carol said...

I LOVE this sponge coral necklace that is coupled with the orange freshwater pearls; VERY Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Lovely colors and such beautiful pieces!!

I loved school holidays and still do, for awhile. Now that I homeschool, we take time when we want/need, so there's no real holidays. Sometimes I think of the 24/7 with her and wonder, then she does something and I know it's the right thing. Darn kids!! LOL

CastoCreations said...

I love your use of color. Simply gorgeous.

Terry Spier-Kalmar said...

I also love coral and have purchased a lot of it over the years, but am finding that I don't use it much. I've become more sensitive to the deteriorating coral reefs. I've decided that I will not buy any new coral, but can use what I have.

Your necklace is wonderful though. I know how tough it can be to find the time to work when kids are at home.

Annette Piper said...

Hi Lori and Terry - thanks for your concern on the possible 'endangered' status of coral.

Thankfully both sponge and bamboo corals are not endangered species - they are relatively abundant and have come into common use in a treated state to copy the natural coloured corals that are endangered.

Keep educating your customers and be sure to label correctly to ensure no misconceptions get about :)

Keri said...

Gorgeous pieces! The colors are so vibrant. Very nice.

Air Soft Guns said...

sponge coral and orange freshwater pearls are so attractive and not so brightly i like dim colors you did a fine job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...